General information about cookies
When you access pipeonline.it or use one of our services, our system or that of one of our partners may set or read cookies and/or other types of identifiers about the browser and/or device you are using.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the computer of the person viewing a website in order to record certain information about the visit as well as to create a system for recognizing the user at later times. Device identifiers, on the other hand, are generated by collecting and processing certain information such as the IP address and/or the user agent (browser version, operating system type and version) or other characteristics of the device, again in order to link certain information back to a specific user.
A website can set a cookie on the browser only if the preferences configured for the browser allow it. It is important to know that a browser may only allow a particular website to access cookies set by it and not those set by other websites: there is no risk to your privacy in this respect.
Practices related to cookies and other similar technologies
- Providing access to restricted areas of the site and accessed by authentication (in which case the cookies are called "technical" and are used to maintain the browsing session and/or to facilitate subsequent access from the same device).
- Keep track of the user's preferences while using the site and/or services incorporated in it or connected to it.
- To process statistical analyses (google analytics) on the use of the site and/or the services incorporated in it.
- Interaction with major social networks to use functions such as "like", "share" and "tweet" in order to share pages and/or content of pipeonline.it.
- External circuit cookies for banner advertising
pipeonline.it DOES NOT use profiling cookies directly: the only cookies that pipeonline.it generates and manages are technical cookies (which are used exclusively to provide the services we offer to the public) and, to a very limited extent, analytics cookies (which are used to count the number of page views and/or for other statistical purposes).
Cookies from other companies
You can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies or particular types of cookies (e.g. third party cookies) or you can choose to be notified whenever a cookie is set on your computer.
Please be aware that rejecting all cookies may prevent you from accessing pipeonline.co.uk products and services that require you to sign in using a username and password to access areas restricted to registered users. All of these services require cookies in order to function correctly and therefore blocking cookies would make them impossible to use.
Below are the instructions for the most common browsers in order to carry out a personalised cookie configuration:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. click on 'Tools' at the top of the browser window;
2. select 'Internet Options';
3. click on the "Privacy" tab;
1. Click on "Tools" at the top of the browser window;
2. select "Options";
3. Select the "Privacy" icon;
4. click on "Cookies";
5. select whether or not to 'Accept cookies from sites' and 'Accept third-party cookies';
1.click the menu icon;
2. select 'Settings”;
3. at the bottom of the page, select 'Show advanced settings';
4. in the 'Privacy' section, select 'Content settings';
5. check or uncheck "Prevent sites from setting data".
1. click on the 'Safari' label at the top of the browser window;
2. select the "Preferences" option;
3. click on "Privacy";
4. set your choice under "Cookies and website data".